On Tue, Jul 06, 1999 at 08:06:26AM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Jul 1999 23:56:17 +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> > I'm unfamiliar with the ins and outs of the login_cap system.  Could
> > someone who is versed in it please take a look at this PR (text included)
> > and let me know whether or not the suggested patch is correct.
>
> Quite often, we receive requests to improve documentation that are born
> out of a failure to read that documentation correctly. I think this PR
> might be one of those cases. Have a look at the login_cap(3) manpage,
> into which I suspect the submitter may not have dug deeply enough:

I have done.  As far as I can tell, the submitter is saying "Yes, the
information I was looking for was in the manual page, but it (specifically,
that the "root" account doesn't use the "default" entry) is buried as
a throw away comment at the end of a long paragraph."

The patch in the PR just rewords the paragraph slightly to make this a
little more obvious for the next person to come along.

I've got no objection to the patch itself, as (IMHO) it does make the
para read a little more clearly.  If no one objects that it's actually
changing the intent of the paragraph then I'll commit it soonish.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>