On Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:00:24 +0100 (BST),
  Doug Rabson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>> There is one problem in this method. acquire_timer0() is only implemented
>> for i386. We would need to write something equivalent for alpha...

dfr> The timer hardware on the alpha is essentially the same but the interrupts
dfr> are wired up differently. I'm not sure how hard it would be to get timer0
dfr> working but I think it should be possible.

I see. Then I can work on i386 first, and later on alpha.

dfr> The alphas tend to run the main clock quite fast (typically 1024hz) so the
dfr> granularity of timing is better but probably not good enough for midi or
dfr> pca.

I agree.

Seigo Tanimura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>