In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Dag-Erling Smorgrav writes:
: Daniel Eischen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: > Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
: > > The correct way to do this is to fix getservbyname() so it accepts
: > > port numbers.
: > Are you sure this is what you want?

I'm 100% positive that I want this.

: >                                      It may allow an application to
: > use a port number that would otherwise be invalid.

I think he's saying that you could run telnet on port 25, which is
reserved for mail.

I say that I don't care if it allows this.  In fact, I want to be able
to do things like that...

Warner