On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 12, 1999 at 02:21:11PM -0400, Brian F. Feldman wrote:
> >
> >                                             I don't care if most of the
> > directories called "gnu" in the current tree contain GPLd code. How
>
> I had to read your message about 4 or 5 times before I realized that
> "Oh, the ``gnu'' in the directory name doesn't mean it's GPL'd code".
>
> And that was cognition time with context...without my conclusion would
> have been reverse and erroneous.
>
> src/lib/libgnucompat seems to be the best suggestion so far.  I wonder
> where the line between libgnucompat and libfreebsdextension is,
> though.

I like my previous idea of libcompat/fsf, unless for some reason we
want libcompat only for BSD compatibility, in which case it will probably
never be changing...

After reading what Warner had to say, I am in agreement now that gnu
should not be used. And perhaps a TRULY free libiberty would be nice...

> --
> This is my .signature which gets appended to the end of my messages.

 Brian Fundakowski Feldman      _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]                   _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!        _ __ | _ \._ \ |) |
       http://www.FreeBSD.org/              _ |___/___/___/