[ Geoff Rehmet ]
> Another question that comes in to this is - how good a tool is nmap
> for evaluating the predictability of the sequence numbers we generate?

Just a funny (?) aside - while playing about with nmap here a while back,
a colleague accidentally discovered that our Digital (or Compaq Tru64, if you
want to be perverse) Unix 4.0E box was using a constant (?!) sequence
number.

Cian

--
What think ye of Christ? Whose son is he? Will you, like Peter, boldly say:

                           "Who?"