On Sat, Aug 28, 1999 at 11:45:42PM +0900, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
> You know how people can get sidetracked easily. :-) For that matter,
> if chapter.sgml still has a log of why the version changed, then I
> think it would be a good thing to insert the above comment in
> param.h. I don't recall seeing any objections, though I can imagine
> some people might think it's not appropriate for the source to refer
> to an outside documentation such as the handbook.

Given that:

  1.  The 'committer rules' document will apply to doc/ just as much as
      it applies to src/.

  3.  After a big discussion recently, the FDP documentation will continue
      to be installed under /usr/share/doc/ (rather than
      /usr/local/share/doc, which is where third-party documentation is
      installed)

I think it's safe to say that the source code should be able to refer
to any documentation in the doc/ tree.  If you don't beat me to it, I'll
commit that comment.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>