On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Chuck Robey wrote:
> But it was to the subject on the Subject: line, Julian.  We know what side
> you're on, but there are 2 sides to the argument.  Isn't there some way
> that it can be set up to *optionally* have permission persistence?

Seems like a devfsd using the file monitoring hooks would work; you'd only
update the persistent store if you were running devfsd.  devfsd would read
the store and init /dev with the contents.  I think the only issue that
would involve thinking would be whiteouts (and the actual devfsd code of
course.)

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED] |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |