Hi,

I'm doing TCP development on a custom operating system that I've
written and am using my FreeBSD box for testing my TCP stack.  I'm in
the early stages right now and I have a lot of bugs.  One of my bugs
is that I shut down a connection on my end but I'm doing something
wrong and the connection on the FreeBSD side stays up, i.e.:

[bsd@vger]:/net- netstat
Active Internet connections
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address         Foreign Address       (state)
tcp        0      0 vger.telnet           bos.5000              ESTABLISHED

'vger' is my FreeBSD machine and 'bos' is my experimental OS.  The
connecton on 'bos' at this point is actually closed.

Does anyone know how I can manually shutdown the above connection on
'vger' short of waiting a really long time or rebooting?

Thanks,
-Brian
--
Brian Dean                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]