> David Gilbert wrote:
> >
> > I've got some real $$$ available to encourage someone to make PPPoE
> > work efficiently enough on the FreeBSD platform to handle a
> > substantial number of users.  Is anyone interested?
>
> Brian?  ;^)

There may be something real in the pipeline now.  Julian E (cc'd)
reckons he can implement a netgraph node pretty quickly, and if I'm
interpreting the way netgraph works correctly, I could implement a
talk-to-netgraph ppp(8) device in a matter of minutes (``cp udp.[ch]
netgraph.[ch]'', tweak netgraph_Create()).

The use of netgraph removes the requirement for the bpf device which
would be a little bit too hackish.  It also provides the ability to
implement a PPPoE server - something that eluded me in the bpf case.

--
Brian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>                   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>