> Do you mean pthreads?
>
> If so, we still do not have a pthread_cancel in our libc_r which could
> greatly make things harder to implement. I think OpenBSD has one and we
> might do well to look at that one.

We could implement pthread_cancel rather easily (I have some crufty
patches lying around somewhere to do it), but it wouldn't be nearly
POSIX compliant.  Some non-cancellable routines would be cancellable,
and vice-versa I think too.

We need to take a different approach to our threads library in the
form of scheduler activations.  I _can_ hack in the pthread_cancel
routines into our current libc_r, but I'd much rather spend my
time looking into scheduler activations which will better solve
the problem.

Dan Eischen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]