On Mon 1999-10-18 (15:46), Zhihui Zhang wrote:
> I am trying to change the mount point of a mounted filesystem (from
> /testme to /test) with the update option (-u):

That's not how -u works.  From the man page:

-u      The -u flag indicates that the status of an already mounted file
        system should be changed.  Any of the options discussed above
        (the -o option) may be changed; also a file system can be changed
        from read-only to read-write or vice versa.

> # mount /dev/wd0s2e /testme
> # mount -u /dev/wd0s2e /test
> mount: /dev/wd0s2e on /test: specified device does not match mounted
> device

This is because, as stated above, you can only change the options of the
mounted filesystem, not its mountpoint.

> Why it does not work (I know I can umount first without using the update
> option)? Any help is appreciated.

This (umount then mount) is the way to change mountpoint names.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]