In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Stephane E. Potvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea where I could find some documentation about
> the following gas pseudo-ops?
>       .type <set>,@object

There is a type associated with symbol in the object files.  It can be
function (obvious), object (data), or other/unknown.  This pseudo-op
sets the type of a given symbol.

>       .previous

The assembler maintains a stack of sections.  Each time you change
to a new section, it pushes the previous one onto the stack.  The
".previous" pseudo-op pops the stack and changes back to the previous
section.

John
--
  John Polstra                                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  "No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up."        -- Nora Ephron