On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Mike Smith wrote:

> > * Matthew Dillon
> > |     FreeBSD boxes can handle up to 4 Gigabytes of main memory.
> >
> > Is this true for the Alpha kernels too?
>
> There are issues with > 1GB of RAM on Alphas at the moment, which may
> be easier to resolve soon.  We have a 4100 with 1GB, which should be
> upgraded to 1.5 shortly and which will be available for various people
> to beat on at that point.

As a special case, we support xp1000 and ds20 class alphas with upto 2G of
memory (not actually tested). The real fix which will allow essentially
unbounded memory size (dependant on hardware limits) will happen on the
4100.

--
Doug Rabson                             Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Nonlinear Systems Ltd.                  Phone: +44 181 442 9037