The core team has discussed the issue of bumping the libstdc++
version numer because of the compiler upgrade:

Yes, we do have a rule saying ``only one bump per release'',
and that rules still stands.  But no rule without exception:

Clearly what we're looking at here deserves a version number
bump, and therefore -core hereby gives David O'Brien
permission to do so.

for -core,

Poul-Henning Kamp

[EMAIL PROTECTED]               "Real hackers run -current on their laptop."
FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!