On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Arun Sharma wrote:

> I have also figured out how to dynamically register sysctl nodes.
> The trick is to basically malloc a sysctl_oid and fill in the right
> fields and calling sysctl_register_oid. The code is in a kernel
> module available from:
>
> http://sharmas.dhs.org/~adsharma/projects/freebsd/sysctl.tar.gz
>
> It really needs to go into the base kernel. Also, I think
> sysctl_register_long and its yet to be written friends (register_int)
> etc, need to go into kern_sysctl - so that others can reuse the code
> to dynamically create sysctl nodes.

I was thinking exactly about the same, and I was going to implement them
myself... IMO these patches should go to the tree - without them the work
that Mike Smith put into sysctl infrastructure is much less useful for
average Joe Kernel Hacker...

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// ------ FreeBSD: The Power to Serve. http://www.freebsd.org --------