Michael Lucas wrote:

> I find myself in a contract where I sit for eight hours a day and wait
> for something to break.  It pays obscenely well, so I'm putting up
> with the tedium.
>
> So, if I was to sit down and start reading /usr/src/sys, where's the
> logical place to start?  Or should I start elsehwere?  Or is there no
> logical statring place, and I should just assimilate it all en masse?

Start with the PR database.  Grab a PR, see if you can figure out what makes
it go wrong, and then see if you can make it go right.  Call this "directed
research" of anyone asks what you're doing.

Remember, real hackers run -CURRENT on their laptops.  ;^)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                           http://softweyr.com/