On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Michael Kennett wrote:
> I don't understand the line that extracts the ivars from the child
> device. Isn't it the case that the ivars are a property of the bus
> device (dev)?

No since the parent may not be a PCI device.  In any case we're dealing
with a device (child) that wishes to make a resource allocation; the
parent device provides methods for this and its methods store the relevent
information on the structure assigned to the device IVARS (by the parent).

The IVARS belong to the device, not the parent.

I've probably not helped much but the code is correct.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED] |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |