> Just read this article:
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2440002,00.html
>
> Which leads to my potentially ignorant question: Where is FreeBSD
> w/regards to running on the Itanium (or other 64bit chips)?

Considering the fact that Intel released the IA-64 OS info only on the 15th,
and, to my knowledge, haven't signed any NDA's with anyone from the FreeBSD
team, I'd assume that we're precisely nowhere. ;)

Having said that, I'll be getting Itanium hardware fairly soon after it's
avaliable outside of Intel, and would be ultra-happy to work on an IA-64
FreeBSD when that happens. In the meantime, the only alternative would be to
convince Intel to give someone their IA-64 SimOS, but there's an extermely
slim chance of that happening (from talking to someone on the IA-64 team.)

Pat.