I'd like to turn on a relay to the power for my laserprinter 3 rooms away
where the server is located.

I have an i/o board with a 8255 24 bit i/o port.(IIRC)

So I wrote a simple userland program to do inb/outb, but it dumped core with
BUSERR, I presume because userland is not supposed to do i/o to the
hardware.

I guess I have these options: