On Sat, Apr 29, 2000 at 12:52:57PM +0200, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
> -On [20000425 20:08], Arun Sharma ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >Would it be fair to say this is a (POSIX non-compliance) bug in the
> >header files ?
>
> As Bruce Evans was kind enough to reassure me:
>
> sys/socket.h is not a POSIX header.
>
> 'nuff said I guess.

I don't have access to the POSIX specification - so I can't check. But
single unix (a superset of POSIX) includes sys/socket.h:

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xnsix.html

Also, there is a lot of source code out there (I know at least two examples
from KDE sources) where they are including <sys/socket.h> and doing
-D_POSIX_SOURCE. Both Solaris and Linux handle the above situation
correctly. Are there any significant reasons why FreeBSD can't have the
same behavior ? Or are you applying the "don't fix it if it isn't broken"
principle ?

        -Arun