On Mon, 8 May 2000, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Fri, 05 May 2000 11:16:29 MST, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>
> >     There's not much point statically linking mt if it's sitting in
> >     /usr/bin.  On the face of it it does seem a good candidate to move
> >     to /bin.
>
> Given that having things move around in the base system carries with it
> varying degrees of pain, can you guys just explain why this is actually
> necessary?  Didn't someone point out a way to use restore in the absence
> of mt?

Yes, that was me. But maybe they're /usr that they want to restore isn't in
dump(8) format. I dunno- this is why I asked. It seems to me on the face of it
a reasonable thing to have- basic device manipulation available w/o /usr. But
there's no particular end to the number of things you *could* want to be
availble if someone takes a Mossberger to your /usr. So, I'm of two minds
about this.