Garance A Drosihn writes:
 > At 1:02 PM -0400 5/10/00, Ted Buswell wrote:
 > >Right now, you could write a shell script to create all of
 > >the various permutations of printer shares, each one with
 > >an appropriate "print command" directive in your smb.conf.
 >
 > We have >200 printers in printcap, and each of those printers
 > has at least two (and usually four or more) names.  To add two
 > options (-h and -m), would mean more than 4*5*200 names.  Ick...

I don't like the proposed idea (shell script mod of smb.conf) either,
however I was under the impression with your lpr mod you would also
bludgeon the user with 4*5*200 printer shares.

I had thought that with your lpr mod, you still need to somehow add
the "printer/hm" variations into the list of shares presented by samba.

Or am I missing a samba configuration option that permits the user to
specify the queue the job is sent to [instead of having them select
from a predefined list] ?

In any case, my choice would be for the samba hack ;)

-Ted