In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dan Nelson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But isn't there some SVR4 ABI standard that says "you must implement
> these syscalls and these ioctls this way", etc?  I'm sure the ABI
> explicitly says what lseek() takes for arguments, for example.

The SVR4 ABI specification doesn't say anything about system calls
-- it just specifies what libc has to provide.  (Actually in my old
printed copy of the spec, they call the system interface library
"libsys".)  The library has to provide a certain kind of lseek(),
for example, but the ABI standard says nothing about how that is
implemented lower down.

John
--
  John Polstra                                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]