It seems Jaye Mathisen wrote:

> I have many of them up and running under 4.0, but they will only function
> as normal IDE controllers, not "RAID".
>
> As to teh BIOS issue, make a stripe, then make your partition that you're
> using not stomp on the end of the drive, and it won't overwrite that gook
> that the promise sticks out there.

exactly.

> Heck, I sent one with some drives to Soren just to make sure that they
> worked. :)  I only wish the RAID part could've worked as is.

And one of these days (tm) I'll look at the info the Promise Fasttrak
puts on the disk, so its possible to take over that setup with either
ccd or vinum, but time is limitted as usual, and since its not a
"real" RAID solution I'd rather see vinum be able to be used for
booting, since it (or ccd) will have to be used anyways....

-Søren