On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 12:50:41PM -0400, Kenneth Wayne Culver wrote:
> Just curious because I have no experience in this area... but what exactly
> does cache coloring get us... I've never actually gotten a really straight
> answer on this... Thanks

Read Curt Schimmel's book UNIX systems for modern architectures for an
answer.

Basically, it ensures that if P1 and P2 are two pages that are allocated
successively (temporal locality), then the first cache line in P1 and
the first cache line in P2 do not compete with each other for the L2 cache.

        -Arun