On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Alexander Anderson wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I sent this question to freebsd-questions, but no one had replied, so I
> decided to try my luck here.
>
> I'm having trouble resolving "localhost" for telnet and fetchmail. All
> other programs (ftp, rlogin, rsh, ping, lynx) seem to understand
> "localhost".

I "me too"; but telnet can't resolve anything, while the others work.

I have a current workstation, which makes world almost every night. It
resolves ok.
I then have my gateway/ppp/proxy which I regularly updates by nfsmounting
/usr/src and /usr/obj from the workstation, and then make installworld.

However, something must have happened, because as mentioned telnet won't
resolve anything.

(And perl 5.6 won't install either...)

Leif