Here is a source file which looks fine to me, but for which I get
unexpected assembler warnings:

        #include <sys/cdefs.h>

        __COPYRIGHT("@(#) Copyright (c) 1983, 1988, 1993\n"
                    "The Regents of the University of California."
                    "  All rights reserved.\n");

        int
        main(void)
        {

                exit(0);
        }

The compiler warnings follow:

/tmp/ccZ16701.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccZ16701.s:5: Warning: Unterminated string: Newline inserted.
/tmp/ccZ16701.s:6: Warning: Unterminated string: Newline inserted.

I'm led to believe that these error messages are not present on a NetBSD
box.  So is this broken usage of __COPYRIGHT(), or is this pre-processor
or assembler breakage?

And please don't whine about me about string concatenation -- it's legal
in ANSI C. :-)

Thanks,
Sheldon.