> I announced IEEE1394 device driver on FREENIX'99 (sorry not
> on '00). I have caught up -current version at this time.
>
> The latest -current driver patch can be found at:
>
> ftp://ftp.uec.ac.jp/pub/firewire/beta/
>
> I hope you success to make a kernel on your source tree.

Building it was fine.  I got a card from CompUSA (yuck!) which uses a
slightly different version of the Lynx chipset (TSB12LV23), so I may need
a few tiny changes.

> The driver function is still limited and may include many
> bugs since the driver has been used for specific purrposes,
> e.g., the driver have not supported SCSI (CAM) storage on
> IEEE1394 and not been complient to loadable kernel module.
> However, I think it is better to merge -current on this time and
> maintain on it compared with taking a effort in independent.

I think that's an excellent idea.

> Let me know what shall I do to merge my code.

I'd be happy to help you get the code merged and also help with testing
etc.  To begin with, can you recommend (or warn against) any particular
DV hardware?  I need at least one working peripheral (I have a 1394 disk
device for later, right now I just want something that can show me the
adapter working).

Once I have the necessary hardware, I can spend a little time looking
over your code and then we can get things resolved.  I'm terribly sorry
it's taken me so long to get to this point.

Regards,
Mike