-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Doug White
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2000 10:57 pm
To: Jamie Hermans
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Auto DMA vs. Manual DMA Settings... FBSD 3.51

It may be that:

a) your cable is damaged;
b) your system is too noisy;
c) your disks proclaim UDMA capability but can't actually deliver it.

I'd suggest upgrading to a proper DMA66 cable and see if that helps.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]     |  www.FreeBSD.org