Alexander Langer wrote:

 > Thus spake Mark Newton (new...@internode.com.au):
 > >  > DESCR file?
 > > /usr/ports/INDEX ?
 >
 > Isn't the DESCR much more detailed than this INDEX file?
 > (compare mail/mutt/pkg/DESCR and the INDEX file)

Use INDEX to work out whether the package *might* be appropriate,
and use something like "make buildenv" to grab the DESCR file
(and everything else) if you think it's useful to do so.

I think most novices probably don't even know the DESCR file
exists anyway.

    - mark

----
Mark Newton                               Email:  new...@internode.com.au (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  new...@atdot.dotat.org  (H)
Internode Systems Pty Ltd                 Desk:   +61-8-82232999