In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Archie Cobbs  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That is a kludge if I ever saw one!!

Yep, it sure is!

> This is the standard compiler in 4.1. However, the particular source
> files being compiled are messy and it wouldn't surprise me that
> they are triggering something.

There is something strange (buggy) about the way the compiler is
doing the checks.  I saw some inconsistent behavior which I couldn't
explain.

> On the other hand, nothing in the kernel actually uses "struct ip_opts",
> though I haven't checked all of userland.. so we may just be able to
> remove it.

>From <netinet/in.h> it looks like a couple of [gs]etsockopt calls
use it.  Search for "ip_opts" just past that structure declaration.

John
--
  John Polstra                                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]