On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, Doug wrote:

> Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> >
> > [Bcc:ed to net, committers; please follow up on hackers]
> >
> > Attached are patches for renaming 'pseudo-device bpfilter' to
> > 'peudo-device bpf', courtesy of glimpse(1) and ed(1). LINT and GENERIC
> > build fine with these patches; I haven't tried to run a kernel built
> > with them, though. Also, although I caught and corrected a few spacing
> > nits caused by chopping off five letters, there may be some I didn't
> > catch.
> >
> > If no-one objects, I'll commit this to -CURRENT in a few days.
>
>       Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but are there any circumstances
> where naming the kernel include file "bpf.h" would conflict with
> /usr/include/net/bpf.h?
>
>       In any case, this is a long overdue, and welcome change. Thank you. :)
>
> Doug

How would that conflict? "bpf.h" is a local include, so it's not the same
include path set. Plus, it would only be included as <bpf.h> if -I/sys/net.

 Brian Fundakowski Feldman      _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 gr...@freebsd.org                   _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!        _ __ | _ \._ \ |) |
       http://www.FreeBSD.org/              _ |___/___/___/