On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, Warner Losh wrote:

> I'm trying to update the bus-space routines to match more closely the
> NetBSD routines.  The new-config project has already done this, so
> I've been moving their code into a relatively pure -current tree.
>
> I'm finding that there are many places that assume that
> bus_space_handle_t is the same thing as u_int or that
> bus_space_handles can be compared with !=.  Some of this code I even
> wrote :-(.
>
> These strike me as unwise assumptions.  Fortunately, it appears that
> there are only 4 files impacted (at least in my config, I've not tried
> GENERIC yet):
>       ../../pci/bt_pci.c
>       ../../i386/i386/nexus.c
>       ../../i386/isa/aha_isa.c
>       ../../pci/es1370.c
> It strikes me as unwise to make these assumptions, even if they should
> generally prove to be true.
>
> Comments?

I think you are on the right lines here. Where does the resource come
from? Are you going to support bus_space_map() and if so, how are you
planning to call BUS_ALLOC_RESOURCE?

I assume that you will update the alpha version of bus.h too.

--
Doug Rabson                             Mail:  d...@nlsystems.com
Nonlinear Systems Ltd.                  Phone: +44 181 442 9037