hi, there!

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, John Polstra wrote:

> > I have made all the necessary patches for this. I believe, David has
> > them.
>
> Actually I now think we should simply build the crt* files from
> gcc's "crtstuff.c" in the standard way, rather than having our own
> versions.  The gcc versions are messy but they work fine, and they are
> specifically exempted from the GPL as long as they are used together
> with gcc.

changes to crt* files to support DWARF2 are minimal, however.
there were some problems with pthreads initialization (but David will not
like the way I did it -- some files in contrib/gcc should be changed).
this happened because we initialize pthreads from static object
constructor (which is not the right thing anyway).
there are some workarounds (to not change anything improted from vendor
branch), of course.

/fjoe