I updated a system to -CURRENT last night and got a panic with alot of
messages about UDMA failing (I don't have the exact messages, I can get
them if need be).  I backed down the wdc0/wdc1 controller flags from
0xa0ffa0ff to 0x0 and everything is happy.  I figured its -CURRENT, and that
is to be expected.

I updated another system to -STABLE as of earlier today, and I got the same
thing... *eeak*.  again backing down from 0xa0ffa0ff to 0x0 works like a
champ.

The messages came right after init(8) started, and before any of the
filesystems were mounted r/w (it happened most during the fsck).

I hope someone else has seen this (sorry I am so skimpy on the details, I
will be able to provide more soonish.)

uname -a:
FreeBSD phoenix.cs.rpi.edu 3.2-STABLE FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE #0: Wed Jul 21
15:17:27 EDT 1999     r...@phoenix.cs.rpi.edu:/usr/src/sys/compile/PHOENIX  i386

dmesg:
[...]
ide_pci0: <Intel PIIX3 Bus-master IDE controller> rev 0x00 on pci0.7.1
[...]

--
David Cross                               | email: cro...@cs.rpi.edu
Systems Administrator/Research Programmer | Web: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~crossd