On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Adrian Filipi-Martin wrote:
>
> >     I know a lot of people like the ASUS P2B boards, but I've noticed a
> > tendency for the systems to reset occasionally when plugging in a keyboard.
> > I've seen this with both FreeBSD and NT, so I'm considering it a property
> > of the board.
>
> If this is a PS/2 style keyboard, don't plug and unplug them when the host
> is powered up.  The PS/2 style stuf seems to be very sensitive to that
> sort of thing.  If it was a USB keyboard doing that... then that would be
> odd.

        Yes, it is a PS/2 keyboard, but these are the only MB's that I have
run into this problem with other than some AIX boxes years ago that would
blow a fuse when disconnecting the keyboard from a running system.

        This isn't that big a problem.  I only have keyboard installed
while building the systems.  Thereafter they are serial console only.

        Adrian
--
[ adr...@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]