On Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 10:41:24PM -0700, Doug wrote:

> the parts that they need. However right after 3.2-R came out there was a
> flurry of -questions mail about broken pkg dependencies because sysinstall
> wasn't properly registering the X install. If the port depending on the
> existence of /var/db/pkg/X* is actually an error I'll report what I find to
> the -ports list.

You need to specify "port, eg. /usr/ports/x/y" or "package".

I'd be surprised if you find any port that depends on /var/db/pkg/x.

It used to be that packages would depend on X, but Sheldon reminded me
(although I think it was accidental :-) that XFree86 was added to
PACKAGE_IGNORE_DEPENDS to prevent this.

Thus, only /usr/ports should depend on X.  Few if any of these should be
looking through ${PKG_DBDIR} for information.  No packages should
depend on X.

--
This is my .signature which gets appended to the end of my messages.