Dan Moschuk wrote:

> | > Yeah, that IS a horrible idea of mine. :) Changing the API should be a
> last
> | > resort, though, since we don't want to introduce to many FreeBSDisms into
> the
> | > already-fragmented-enough Unix world.
> | >
> | > Just a thought, how does Linux's GNU libc handle gethostby* in threaded
> apps?
> |
> | Probably the way POSIX specifies, which would certainly be *our* target.
>
> And does POSIX specify it?

You didn't get the message with the function prototypes?  I can send it again.
This would be the *correct* way to implement thread-safe get*by* calls, since
any existing threaded code (Solaris, Linux, etc.) will use these interfaces.

http://softweyr.com/                                           w...@softweyr.com