This may seem to be a ridiculous question... (sorry)

I have a question specifically regarding sys/vm/swap_pager.c,
I'm not very familiar with sys/vm/*, but I've noticed that the value of
the static int no_swap_space (which is initially set to 1) is almost never
checked. The only times that this value appears to be changed is during
checks of vm_swap_size in swap_pager_putpages and swap_pager_copy.

Is this value actually ever checked to determine anything? What exactly is
its purpose?

Thanks,
Bosko.