On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Nick Hibma wrote:

> Unfortunately the kernel is compiled with -O which does not include
> inlining (dunno about explicit inlining, but don't think so).
>
> Nick

-O lets you do explicit inlining, and -O2 enables -finline-functions.
Anyway, I think the simple solution to the problem for this case
is a switch, since GCC creates optimizations nicely with those :)

--
 Brian Fundakowski Feldman           /  "Any sufficiently advanced bug is    \
 gr...@freebsd.org                   |   indistinguishable from a feature."  |