:
:Back around 1980, I overclocked my 5MHz z80 to 6MHz. It worked without
problems, except that for-next loops in comal didn't exit as expected. That was
also reproducible...
:
:Leif

    In the early 90's I regularly ran 10 MHz 68000's at 20 MHz (which was
    about the limit the dynamic ram at the time could handle).

    When motorola started phasing out the DIP version of the 68000 after
    many years of good service, one of their big customers noted that Motorola
    had updated the process many times but had never updated the timing specs
    during virtually the entire life of the product, and wanted to know how
    fast the chip could actually be run.

    So Motorola tested it.  I believe the 12.5 MHz spec'd chip tested
    to 80 MHz.  Not bad!

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <dil...@backplane.com>