On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:

Hello folks,

I'm trying to integrate the result of my last SoC work to the base system but I'm facing some difficulties with libc symbol versioning. I placed the iconv code into an iconv subdirectory inside src/lib/libc and I added a Makefile and a symbol map, just like another parts of libc do but when I try to compile this stuff, I get this error in the linking phase:

building shared library libc.so.7
/usr/bin/ld: libc.so.7: undefined versioned symbol namefts_o...@fbsd_1.0
/usr/bin/ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: Bad value
*** Error code 1

I have no idea what's going wrong because I did everything exactly in the same way as another components do. I don't know why does it break at fts_open(), which is unrelated to iconv, not even used in the iconv code. If I just unhook the iconv part fromt he build, everything goes fine. Any ideas?

Patch is here: http://kovesdan.org/patches/iconv-libc.diff

I don't really see anything wrong with your Makefile or Symbol.map.
Do you have any other local changes that could be causing problems?

--
DE