On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Garrett Cooper <gcoo...@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Brandon Gooch
> <jamesbrandongo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hi Joerg,
>>>
>>> I don't think that having the base system depend on a port is the right
>>> solution to resolving the libgssapi compatibility problems in base.
>>>
>>> Did you ever come across the old PR kern/147454 that I submitted in
>>> June?  In it I included a src patch that replaced the base system's
>>> libgssapi with upstream Heimdal's, which resolved all libgssapi
>>> compatibility problems.  That patch is now stale, but either way I
>>> haven't been able to draw enough attention to the issue to have it fixed.
>>
>> I guess we're waiting on someone to review the patch and commit it?
>> Hopefully someone can get this in soon, before 8.2 is released.
>>
>> Is there something wrong with your patch?
>
> Not according to another person that commented on the patch (and it
> sounds like the experience is positive, not negative). Who's the
> maintainer of the component?

Garrett, where would one look for such an important detail? Source
file somewhere?

Joerg, how about taking over what's in base? Seems to me like you know
what's going on, and you're maintaining the port :)

BTW, I'm only beginning to dive into Kerberos on FreeBSD, so I'm not
bringing to this discussion much wisdom :/ But I would like all of the
pieces to work!

-Brandon