On 02/12/11 19:39, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:19:17 -0800
Julian Elischer<jul...@freebsd.org>  wrote:

On 2/11/11 4:03 PM, Da Rock wrote:
Unfortunately this software uses this family instead of pcap or bpf.
So when built it errors.

I guess if I am to use this app I will have to rewrite the way it
uses the network stack.
l2tp runs over UDP packets  (port 1701 (like the starship enterprise))
I have no idea why they want raw packets.

Ther's a sendarp() routine which uses PF_PACKET to directly access the
network driver and bypass the stack.  Lazy Linuxers who have no idea
or don't care that other operating systems exist.

Indeed. Is it possible to leverage another compatible routine? I haven't had a look yet as I just read the message, but can I (after checking return values and arguments) just drop in another arp routine? Or are they simply incompatible across the board?

From what I understand they should all be essentially doing the same thing, but I could be wrong on this. Alternatively would I have to basically rewrite the arp.c to be posix compatible (for portability)?

Cheers