On 28/08/2011, at 1:09, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> I have made a custom install USB drive from R/cdrom/dvd1 and pkg_add works
> fine for everything but xorg/nvidia-driver so part of the post install
> script I made is "portmaster xorg/nvidia-driver" the only problem is it then
> needs to fetch the distfiles (the target install machine{s) will not have
> nic's attached)... so my questoin is whats the best way to make it so when
> sysinstall unpacks ./8.2-NHK_KIOSK/ports/ports.tgz that the distfiles are
> also unpacked?

I would suggest that you don't use ports :)

If you want it all ready to go then build all the packages you want and add
then in a script.

Alternatively you can do what I do, and create a chroot, build all the ports
you want, then tar it up and splat it onto the destination disk after a minimal
install.

That way you can tweak to your hearts content and it is considerably faster
than pkg_add.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum