On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 01:41:53AM +0000 I heard the voice of
Igor Mozolevsky, and lo! it spake thus:

> The problem, however, lies in the time between a patch is submitted
> and is "picked up", if the latter ever occurs!.. That is where the
> discouragement occurs.

Quite.  For instance, we're now well past the 3 year mark since I
submitted docs/127908, which fixes 1 sentence in a manpage.  So far, I
can't see that anybody but me has ever looked at it.  That doesn't
serve to encourage me to nibble at anything substantial.

(In fairness, I should note that I also maintain several ports, and so
submit a steady trickle of PR's there.  Almost none of them take more
than a week from submission to application and closing, and it's
fairly common for it to be less than 24 hours.  I know the ports team
carries a huge load with such things, but they're carrying it well.)

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fulle...@over-yonder.net