On 07/07/2012 16:33, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> <<On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 16:17:53 -0700, Doug Barton <do...@freebsd.org> said:
>
>> BIND in the base today comes with a full-featured local resolver
>> configuration, which I'm confident that Dag-Erling can do for unbound
>> (and which I would be glad to assist with if needed). Other than that,
>> what integration are you concerned about?
>
> The utilities (specifically host(1) and dig(1)) are the only
> user-visible interfaces I care about.  I don't see any need for there
> to be an authoritative name server in the base system.  So long as the
> resolver works properly and does DNSsec validation....

I addressed the utils in a previous message, but once more ...

ldns (a dependency of unbound) comes with drill, which is a dig-alike
tool. I'd like to see us produce a host-alike based on ldns as well,
which should be a pretty simple "junior hacker task" for a motivated group.

If those don't do it for you, ports/dns/bind-tools already exists.

Doug