> And then, a modern GUI should take care of Wifi, automount,

No thanks, seperate issues.

> and many
> things can't be done with a single WM. That's why I said "twm is not a
> modern GUI". So far, any questions?

TWM is not a modern window manager, but is small & light, & comes
with X11.  I'm happy we each can choose window managers
to replace it, or not, according to local host &/or per user criteria.

Someone mentioned some boxes want no X11: To extend that list:
(servers, firewalls, real time small embedded, minimised for security,
machines on low speed serial connections, SLIP maybe etc), + maybe
some blind people, using eg 40 char single line output devices (I've
never seen one but heard of 'em), & half blind people, perhaps using
([VESA?] or twm with giant fonts (cos anything newer than twm maybe
(guessing) might not tempt them so much).

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".