On 08.11.2012 03:46, Adrian Chadd wrote:
On 7 November 2012 15:24, Alexander V. Chernikov<melif...@freebsd.org>  wrote:
Hello list!

Currently we need to acquire 2 read locks to perform simple 6-byte copying
from arp record to packet ethernet header.

It seems that acquiring lle lock for fast path (main traffic flow) is not
necessary even with current code.

My tests shows ~10% improvement with this patch applied.

If nobody objects I plan to commit this change at the end of next week.

That's a great catch! How'd you discover it?
We have lots of FreeBSD routers doing 10G firewalling, so we're very much concerned with forwarding/firewalling performance, constantly looking for something to optimize :)

Adrian