It was plain current with plain RPIB kernel config, and for graphic you
should uncomment there partition about sysconsole; serial then disabled;
Also, if you want ethernet - it's ue device, which also worked, but
produced hangs for me in past (Hans IIRC already fixed.this).
I'll have some time this weekend, feel free to contact me by gtalk or else,
I will play around with my rpi with both serials and vide modes.

Regards, Alexander Yerenkow